I don’t even know your story yet and I’m already so very excited for you!
Chances are, you’ve never been married to the person you’re about to be married to with the same type of celebration you are about to put together. Whether you have zero idea how this whole “finding a photographer” thing works or if you’ve done this before for yourself or some friends, you’ve found the right place to begin your journey here. Here’s the best way to get to know me, my work, my pricing and deciding if I’m the photographer for you!
Let’s start with some introductions, shall we?
There are plenty of photographers out there who all do beautiful work, so how do you go about finding the one that’s best for you? Your wedding photographer is the one professional who will be with you from your engagement, through your planning process and for your entire wedding day. Since you’re going to be spending so much time with someone, you might want to be sure you enjoy their company first. When you are comfortable being yourself around your photographer, that will show through in every image. So, allow me to introduce myself.
Hello lovely – I’m Hilary, and I don’t just photograph weddings – I photograph adventures.
I am a scifi nerd, wannabe hiker & avid eater. Lover of God & Lover of Love. Hardcore Whovian. Rookie gamer.
Once you’ve decided that my banjo-loving antics are right up your alley, it’s time to take a peek at my images – and boy, do I have a lot of them to share with you! On my website, you’ll find my wedding portfolio and engagement portfolio, but I didn’t want to stop there. I know how important it is to see more than the top five favorite images from an engagement, elopement or wedding, so I’ve included some featured galleries for you to take a peek at as well. Each featured gallery focuses on just one event with loads of images from throughout my time there to show you a more complete picture. You wouldn’t buy a new piece of technology without reading reviews from people who had actually tried it themselves, so I wouldn’t expect you to do the same when choosing a wedding photographer either.
Time for the images to do some talking
Don’t take my word for it – take theirs
Once you’ve decided that my banjo-loving antics are right up your alley, it’s time to take a peek at my images – and boy, do I have a lot of them to share with you! On my website, you’ll find my wedding portfolio and engagement portfolio, but I didn’t want to stop there. I know how important it is to see more than the top five favorite images from an engagement, elopement or wedding, so I’ve included some featured galleries for you to take a peek at as well. Each featured gallery focuses on just one event with loads of images from throughout my time there to show you a more complete picture.
You wouldn’t buy a new piece of technology without reading reviews from people who had actually tried it themselves, so I wouldn’t expect you to do the same when choosing a wedding photographer either.
Review my investment pricing
Every couple, engagement and wedding is different, so I’ve come up with some bundled packages for different wedding and engagement types as well as payment plan options to make your investment easier.
WHAT’S THE RIGHT INVESTMENT TYPE FOR YOU?
Weddings & Engagements
Custom wedding photography pricing begins with 5 hours for $2500. Most couples invest in a package for $4000-$6000.
Wedding photography & videography is available in one package known as the Oxford.
Destination weddings are completely customized pricing.
Individual engagement sessions are also available outside of packages.
Elopements & Intimate Weddings
For elopements and weddings of less than 30 guests, you most likely won’t be needing full-day coverage. I have special packages designed just for you.
These options are only available weekdays between June-November and weekends or weekdays between November-May.
Should you be having an elopement or intimate wedding on a weekend in June-November, you would need to book a regular wedding package.
Payment Plans & Discounts
I believe no bride should have to settle for lesser quality due to her budget before the wedding, and would much rather you receive the quality you desire for something so special to your love story.
I offer no interest Payment Plans which allow you to keep paying for your wedding photography after the wedding date.
You can also choose to receive a 5% discount by paying the full cost of the package upfront.
Choosing me gives you more than just a wedding photographer
- Wedding Guide Magazine.
- A beautiful magazine that will answer even more of your questions and detail more of the pricing and options available to you for engagements, weddings, albums and more. This handy little guide is one of my couples’ favorite things, so I know you’ll love it!
- Planning & Timeline Assistance from an Internationally Certified Wedding & Event Planner.
- Did you know I was a planner before I was a photographer? Well, surprise – I was, and I still carry much of that business into how I work as a photographer. We’ll work together to come up with the perfect timeline for your day that won’t have you rushing, will keep things moving and will give you the most beautiful images possible from your day.
- Date Night.
- Your engagement session shouldn’t just be something to check off the list, though often times it becomes this. Our time together for your engagement session will be full of fun, laughter, intimate moments and so much love for one another. I promise it’ll be a good time and you’ll be so glad you did this together.
- Your Own Personal “Bridal Guard”.
- I view it as a huge part of my job to ensure you are enjoying your wedding day the best you possibly can. If I see you’re getting stressed out and need some space, I’ll check in with you to suggest giving you that space and will head off any questioners that are bombarding you a little too much. You need a minute just you and your mom? I got you. I’ll scoot everyone else out and will wait for your signal that you’re all good. Need some food or something to drink? I’ll be making sure you’re as comfortable and content as possible throughout the night.
- Trusted Family Friend.
- Guests always assume I’m an old family friend since I’m so comfortable to be around and so welcoming to those around me. Besides being a huge people person, I also view it as my job to make sure everyone feels comfortable around me so I can capture the reality of your wedding day – not the unnatural posed moments.
- Sneak Peeks.
- I get just as excited as you do to see and share your images, so within 48 hours of your engagement or wedding day, I’ll release a sneak peek on Facebook and Instagram for you to swoon over.
- Quick Image Downloads & Sharing.
- You’ll receive an email within 4-6 weeks with a link and password to login to your online gallery. This gallery and password can be shared with your friends and family however you’d like (I suggest social media) and they can purchase their own prints right there! You will also receive a download pin for the two of you to use so that you can easily download the high resolution files of your images right then and there instead of waiting for a thumb drive in the mail!
- Easy Album Creation & Review.
- Since you’ll most likely be busy honeymooning and settling into married life, I go ahead and take what I know of your wedding day story and the two of you to create the first draft of your album design as soon as I finish editing the images. Once complete, I send you an email with login information to review the design and make changes super easily and all those notifications will come directly to my inbox. This makes the album review process easier and quicker than ever which also gets your album to your doorstep faster.