Join us February 21-24, 2019 in the White Mountains!
Our Winter LOFTs are our workshop retreats – we focus on everything from marketing, business strategy, branding, financial planning and hands-on training to learn new skills that will propel your business forward in the direction you want to go all with an incredibly supportive community of likeminded business owners! We basically cram everything we can into our few days together and give your brain an exciting plan for how to go through what’s next. This Winter, we’re headed to an incredible Colonial home in the heart of Lincoln, New Hampshire – just a short walk away from restaurants, breweries, skiing/snowboarding, shops and a quick drive to the Ice Castle! We basically have the best of the White Mountains in Winter right at our feet – and we’re going to take full advantage!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Hilary Colleen is the mastermind behind LOFT Retreats, but she also owns Hilary Colleen Photography where she focuses on vibrant and emotive engagements, weddings and elopements. She is extremely passionate about workflow, automation, systems and the “work smarter, not harder” mindset. When she’s not photographing couples in love or updating her email systems, you can find her roadtripping down the east coast with her two cats or knitting some new project that may or may not ever be finished.
Rachel McPherson is the owner of RaeEllen Photography and specializes in lifestyle and branding photography. She is also a Senior Marketing Strategist in the publishing industry. When she’s not photographing families or helping other creatives with their branding, you can find her gushing about her favorite fair trade organizations, her adorable family, and guessing who is what number from the enneagram test (she’s an 8, if you’re curious).
Here’s a little peek of what our schedule may look like as we reference past workshop retreats:
Schedule for Winter 2019 LOFT (subject to change)
- 5:00pm House open for arrival
- 6:00pm Welcome dinner (included with Full Registrations)
- 9:30am Goal Setting & Pep Talk
- Chances are you are coming into LOFT with a lot of things you are looking to get out of it, but taking the time to write down some of your goals and perhaps a plan for how to help make them happen during the days you are here is crucial. We will spend a bit of our time getting psyched for all that’s ahead during the retreat and will also take the time to be intentional about setting goals and holding each other accountable to achieve them.
- 11:00am In-Home Portraiture Photoshoot led by Rachel McPherson
- Beginning with a brief overview of the best practices for in-home sessions, Rachel McPherson will walk you through a session. This workshop will include an on-site in-home photoshoot for all photographers to practice these skills and techniques.
- 1:00pm Lunch on your own
- 2:00pm Workflow & Automation Workshop with Hilary Colleen
- There’s a lot that goes into your work with a client from start to finish, and nine times out of ten, there are ways that we can be working smarter and not harder in our businesses to give our clients a better experience while also lessening our workload. This workshop will help take you from inquiry to final services/product delivery with your clients to craft a better workflow for your business utilizing templates, automation, answering client questions before they are asked, and helping keep you on task while lessening your workload and giving your clients a dream experience.
- 5:00pm Dinner Out (included with Full, Multi-Day and Friday Registrations)
- 6:30pm Communicating Your Brand Workshop with Rachel McPherson
- You know your ideal client. Now what? In this workshop, Rachel McPherson will use the concepts of brand identity, brand pillars, and understanding your ideal client to help each person explore how they can begin to communicate their brand to attract the right client. This is a hands-on interactive workshop.
- 9:30am Goal Setting & Pep Talk
- 10:30am Business & Financial Planning Workshop
- More details to come, but the goal of this workshop will be to help you create a business plan and be coming up with financial goals for your business. You will not just be looking at your starting point and the goals you want to reach but coming up with tactical ways to get there, including check in points.
- 12:30pm Lunch on your own
- 1:45pm Elopement Photoshoot led by Hilary Colleen
- Dress warm! We will be documenting a styled elopement out in the snow (fingers crossed!) with an incredible couple and some amazing vendors. Before beginning, we will go over a plan of action and some ground rules to ensure that everyone gets fair access. This photo shoot will have time for smaller groups to work with the couple so that each person can have a chance for the images they desire. We will be doing some portraits before the ceremony and some portraits around sunset. The majority of this photo shoot WILL be outside, so please pack appropriate clothing.
- 6:00pm Grab & Go Dinner in (included with Full, Multi-Day and Saturday Registrations)
- 6:30pm Website & Branding Roundtable Reviews
- This is one of our favorite parts of LOFT, no lie! We will gather around a table and go over websites/branding of anyone who would like to participate one by one and give a constructive critique to help guide your website or branding to be more on target with your goals. This is done in round table style, so we welcome insight and opinions from each other as it’s always great to hear from multiple perspectives and pairs of eyes. We will spend 10-15 minutes per website/branding.
- 8:30pm Putting it All Together: Plan of Action Workshop
- You’ve spent the last couple of days cramming your brain full of all types of skills, knowledge, advice, inspiration and ideas. We would hate for you to leave so overwhelmed that you can’t tackle hardly any of it, so we have planned this time for you to come up with a plan of action for your return home. There will be some guidance as you plan, but this will mostly be your time to plan it all out and come up with manageable ways to accomplish much of what you are bringing home with you.
- 10:30am Business & Financial Planning Workshop
- 10:45am Final departure
- 11:00am Optional farewell brunch
What exactly is LOFT?
The LOFT is a Creatives Retreat that happens a few times a year in different locations around New England. Some of our retreats are for relaxation & workshops while some of them are working retreats. Relocate your office with us for a few days to get some work done in a different atmosphere, connect with other creatives & self-employed folks, socialize, take in the pretty views and take advantage of what each of our different locations could offer for photoshoots & creativity! Whether you’re a photographer, planner, blogger, social media coordinator, author, artist, musician… this retreat is open to ALL creatives! Fall LOFTs are our working retreats – pack up your office and get some work done somewhere new and inspiring with friends old and new! Relocate your workspace to a fresh environment to kick your productivity back into gear. Winter/Spring LOFTs are our workshop & learning retreats – get ready for some packed days full of marketing discussions, roundtable reviews, styled shoot workshops, a lot of networking/collaborating and a ton of laughter & relaxation! The image above is from our March 2017 Retreat in a beautiful historic estate in the Berkshires where we did a full wedding styled shoot workshop, food styling workshop, website reviews and branding exploration. Check out these blog posts about our wedding styled shoot AND food photography shoot that we did at our March 2017 Workshop Retreat in the Berkshires!
Who can attend this retreat?
LOFT is open to all creatives and business owners. Whether you’re a photographer, blogger, graphic designer, writer, jeweler, stationer, planner… Any creative career is welcome to join us! Established business owners as well as those looking to make the leap are both encouraged to come.
What can I expect from this retreat?
As always, LOFT is a great opportunity to meet & network with other creatives and make some new friends, and our Winter LOFTs are all about equipping you with more tools for your business and personal success. You’ll learn from local knowledge leaders and be given hands on experience to test out some of your new skills with the help of your peers around for questions and suggestions. Random sessions, discussions and learning experiences tend to happen naturally and spontaneously onsite with so many talented and experienced creatives, and you can count on some incredible cooking, loads of laughter and meaningful conversations
I have a few more questions.
We’d be happy to answer these for you! Shoot an email to Hilary and she will respond as soon as possible.